Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Guy & His Bike



Have you ever...

done something, where it scared you to death, and you swore you’d never do it again? Well in the summer of 2006, that was mountain biking for me. My brother Adam and I went on a guided mountain biking tour, in North Carolina, I was 16 and Adam was 14.

I’m definitely not the "daredevil" in the family 

Naturally, I didn’t find it to be much fun, bouncing down a mountain at high speeds on a mountain bike.

Fast-forward 7 years, and here we are!

I’m 23 and am a proud owner of a 2012 Jamis Trail X2 mountain bike. I had some time to grow up and get over some fears and now I love it. Although, I do ride in Florida (Soldiers Creek Park, to be exact) I still have a blast.

Soldiers Creek Park bike path map at the trailhead



I’ve "eaten my words" from time-to-time and history does repeat itself, at times, now’s one of those times for me. Has there ever been a time where you didn’t give something, or someone, a fair chance?

Personally, my Weekend Warrior (adventurous side) comes out in me during the week after work and on the weekends. Whenever your Weekend Warrior comes out, why not consider giving that one thing or that someone another chance, that you said you wouldn't…ever?
There just might be light at the end of the tunnel, after-all.

Soldier Creek Park bike path in Longwood, FL looking out at S.R. 17-92

No comments:

Post a Comment