Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

ENO Doublenest and SlapStrap Pro Review


I never really knew about Eagles Nest Outfitters (ENO) until I started getting into climbing. I heard a bunch of climbers talking about what they take on climbing trips, one of their “necessities” being their ENO. I found out that it’s a really simple hammock that can: 
  • pack down real tight
  • is lightweight
  • easy to setup and take down

ENO logoI decided I had to get one


My ENO of choice is the Doublenest. While the Singlenest is still a great design, it’s only meant for one person. When you’re 6’2’ and like to sprawl all over the place, the Doublenest hammock wins, hands down. Now, it is a little more expensive, but trust me, it’s definitely worth it. Plus, if you get the Doublenest, it’s a lot roomier, especially when your girlfriend wants to cozy up next to you in the winter.
Hangning in my ENO (Eagles Nest Outfitters) Hammock at the beach
Hanging at New Smyrna Beach in my Doublenest ENO

When you’re looking to buy your first ENO, I highly recommend getting the SlapStrap Pro at the same time. It’s a suspension system that’s longer than the SlapStrap, which allows you to be able to set up your ENO in more places, especially when trees/posts are few and far between, like at the beach.

You might be thinking that you could only then, setup in places where two trees, for instance, are further apart. Oh contraire. All you have to do is set up your SlapStrap Pro like normal, and then maybe give them an extra wrap or two to shorten the distance and BAM, you’re good to go.

These things are also very durable. Like I said earlier, they’re packable so I’ve taken mine with me on three surf trips so far, twice to Nicaragua and once to El Salvador. I still own my first ENO, which is going on three years old, and it’s held up very well. It’s worked out great because when the power goes out and it’s between sleeping in a sweltering bedroom with two other dudes or sleeping in your ENO on the patio with the cool ocean breeze, you tend to choose the latter.

ENO has a wide variety of accessories to offer, to make your hammocking experience even more relaxing, such as their Bug Net, Pillows, Travel Bags, and much more. I personally haven’t been able to get my hands on all of these accessories, there’s a LOT, but I’m working on it.

Sprawled out in my ENO hammock at New Smyrna Beach
Life doesn't get much better
I’d say if you don’t have an ENO yet, you don’t know what you’re missing. They’re the perfect way to set up a comfortable camp when you’re backpacking, fun to set up in the back yard, heck my friends and I even have ENO parties on Sunday afternoons from time-to-time. It’s awesome when everyone can go to the park; string up their ENO’s and hangout.

To top it all off, ENO has some of the best customer service. Their website provides enough information to pretty much answer any question you have. If you can’t find your answer on their website, shoot them an email or give them a call and they’ll be sure to take care of your, like they’ve taken care of me.

Happy Hangin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment