Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Chaco…A 3-Part Review…Part I…Z2


Chaco LogoTo kick off this 3-part Chaco review, we’re going to look at the Z2 style, probably the most recognizable sandal that Chaco offers. With it’s crazy toe strap design, this style stands out among the rest.

I wear this style the most when I’m going to be out-and-about for a while and don’t want to have to worry about them going flying off my feet. This style is also perfect to take to the crag. If you’ve ever been climbing in North Carolina, you know that it’s sometimes a good 15minute-45minute hike. Once you get to the crag, they’re easy to put on and take off, when you’re not climbing. With their high traction and self-cleaning tread design, this makes them a perfect sandal for easy hikes.


Z2 Chaco sandal design with toe strap
They're sexy and they know it
What makes this style stand out is the toe strap, like I mentioned earlier. I find that the toe strap keeps my foot in place and stable, better than the other styles that Chaco offers. The webbing and sole design also allow you to get that perfect fit across your foot and toe so your feet don’t go sliding all over.

The biggest drawback to this style is the s
ize. They’re big, clunky, and heavy. If you’re looking for a lightweight sandal, these aren’t the ones for you.

If you’re looking for durability, foot support, and stability, this style is for you.

Check back tomorrow to get my input on the smaller and lighter, Z1 style.

No comments:

Post a Comment